Food & Beverages: Flexible, Reliable Production
Manufacturers and suppliers in the food and beverages industry must adhere to a large number of GMP guidelines and compliance standards. At the same time, food and beverage producers must battle increasing costs caused by continuing expansion and changes in the production and supply chain, with customers constantly demanding new flavors and mixed drinks. The consulting company Crimson & Co recommends, for example, that beverage manufacturers work more closely with vendors to design more efficient production processes and supply chain management (SCM).
ERP Systems and Production Processes Must Keep Pace with Industrial Growth
According to a current KPMG survey, 28% of companies in the food and beverages industry want to invest more in growth. In order to scale their ERP systems to their expansion plans, they require flexibly expandable solutions. Increasing productivity is another important topic among those surveyed, with almost half of companies seeking more effective and efficient supply chains. These companies are therefore planning to optimize their SCM, as well as their production and other business processes.
Improving Cost Efficiency in Production Using SAP Business One for Food & Beverage
SAP Business One for Food & Beverage is helping companies improve business and master specific challenges in this industry; for instance increased consumer awareness over food safety, stringent government regulations or supporting specialized manufacturing processes of product categories.
This unique industry solution covers every day needs, supporting a lean organization that will stay agile and flexible in the fast changing food & beverage sector. The supported business processes are:
- Make-to-stock, make-to-order, engineer- to-order / projects
- Assembly / configure-to-order / variant production
- Supply chain management process integration
- All mixed-mode types
SAP Business One for Food & Beverage is based on SAP Business One. In order to cover the current, specific requirements of the food and beverage industry, the ERP system expands the SAP solution to include industry-specific functions. These include regulated, efficient and scaleable production processes, as well as monitoring and documentation processes.
The Benefits of SAP Business One for Food & Beverage:
- Support for legal standards and GMP guidelines (FDA, EMA, BRC, IFRA, GHS etc.) in accordance with industry-specific requirements
- Modeling of formulas including by-products and co-products, spoilage and waste, shelf life and expiry dates, and FIFO and FEFO processes
- Traceability along the entire supply chain, from vendor to customer
- Convenient cost calculation per article, production order and batch, flexible multi-level margin calculation, etc.
- Easy integration of subsystems like SCADA, LIMS etc.
- Meeting the needs and challenges of companies in food & beverage industry
- First class ERP software for SME manufacturing companies, fast implementation, global support
- Great potential for business growth; provides the ‘inside view’ with analysis to monitor continuous improvement
- Best practices business processes and methods embedded to suit specific market needs
- Innovative technologies to be future compatible in food & beverage industry; 100 percent SAP technology / tools
Implementation & Support
As an end-to-end solution provider Culex can manage everything required for SAP Business One for Food & Beverage. Call us on 08000 199 420 to discuss your requirements.