Machinery and Components: Improving Production with SAP Business One
The mechanical engineering industry is experiencing global annual growth. Service providers in the machinery and components sector must, however, take into account a whole range of regulatory standards, including ISO standards. It is, for example, important for mechanical components to withstand a great deal of strain and for pressure vessels to conform to safety requirements. In addition, companies must be able to produce products efficiently and consistently. A flexible ERP system takes into account all these factors while helping companies to save production and supply chain costs.
The Formula for Industry Growth: Innovation, Management and Flexibility
Cross-industry trends have global effects on the machinery and components industry: environmental awareness and scarcity of resources are changing production processes; fluctuations in international trade and economic systems require flexibility; growth and competition are increasing. In order for companies to maintain their share of the global market, they must be able to hold their own against business from newly industrialized countries like China. Production is increasingly being outsourced to countries with lower labour costs, and changes in these areas can influence manufacturing, production logistics, and the supply chain. Companies therefore need ERP systems that can quickly incorporate new requirements.
Optimizing Production Processes with SAP Business One for Machinery and Components
SAP Business One for Machinery and Components is based on SAP Business One and expands the solution to include industry-specific functions, including regulated business processes. A project cockpit, for example, makes documentation and monitoring clearer and more convenient.
The benefits of SAP Business One for Industrial Machinery and Components include:
- ISO compliance (functional) through:
- Quality assurance all along the supply chain
- Comprehensive documentation (version, revision, drawing, batch and serial numbers)
- Project cockpit for all project types, from engineering, prototyping and production through customer acceptance to budget and cost controlling
- APS (Advanced Planning and Scheduling) for groups, individual and alternative resources (machinery, tools, personnel), in order to optimize capacity and productivity
- Easy integration of subsystems like CAD/PLM, machinery (PLC), pattern optimization.
Implementation & Support
As an end-to-end solution provider Culex can manage everything required for SAP Business One for Industrial Machinery & Components. Call us on 08000 199 420 to discuss your requirements.