Medical Technology: Growth Industry Requires Transparent ERP Systems
Medical devices and components are subject to extremely strict regulation, for example, by the FDA (UDI regulation) and must adhere to ISO standards. According to an INEMI study, around one-fifth of the OEMs and 60 percent of the vendors surveyed are not informed of official requirements for medical products. Companies involved in the medical technology industry therefore need ERP systems that model production processes and supply chain management (SCM) more clearly, support existing ISO standards and regulations, and allow new standards to be rapidly integrated.
New Medical Products Require Rapid Alignment of Production and Supply Chain
The market for medical devices is growing. This is due to advances in medical technology, as well as demographic shifts and expanded health concepts that include greater quality of life. New trends must also be flexibly modeled in the supply chain. The biocompatibility of medical products is another important factor. ERP systems must therefore be able to rapidly integrate changes in technology or new standards.
Improving Production in Medical Technology Using SAP Business One for Medical Devices & Components
SAP Business One for Medical Devices & Components expands SAP Business One to include industry-specific functions like officially regulated business processes. The ERP system supports companies in designing production and supply chain management securely, efficiently and flexibly.
The Benefits of SAP Business One for Medical Devices & Components:
- ISO compliance (functional) through
- Quality assurance all along the supply chain
- Comprehensive documentation (version, revision, drawing, batch and serial numbers)
- Project cockpit for clearer SCM: from engineering and prototyping via production to customer acceptance, budget and cost controlling
- APS (Advanced Planning and Scheduling) for groups, individual and alternative resources (machinery, tools, personnel), in order to optimize capacity and productivity
- Easy integration of subsystems like CAD/PLM, machinery (PLC), pattern optimization, etc.
Implementation & Support
As an end-to-end solution provider Culex can manage everything required for SAP Business One for Medical Devices & Components. Call us on 08000 199 420 to discuss your requirements.