Mastering Processes in Metal Processing with Flexible ERP Systems
The metal processing industry must fulfill numerous regulatory standards—including, for example, ISO standards. Following the economic collapse of 2008/09, the industry is experiencing a revival, but production conditions have changed in the meantime. In order to enable efficient, sustainable production and supply chain management, companies in the metal processing industry need ERP systems that can be rapidly aligned to the economic climate and new requirements.
Considerably Increased Demands in Production; Greater Need for Innovation
Millions of jobs, new competitors, and demands for life cycle assessment shape and change the global steel industry. According to a study, corporate growth depends particularly on both innovation and investment in research and development. In two-thirds of companies, the working conditions have changed due to technological advances. 96% of those surveyed, however, still consider process optimization either important or very important. In order for them to remain competitive, trends and technical changes must be rapidly implemented. A flexible ERP system takes into account all these factors and helps to minimize the time and expense involved in production, production logistics, and the supply chain.
Keeping An Eye on Business Processes with SAP Business One for Metal Processing
SAP Business One for Metal Processing has expanded SAP Business One to include industry-specific functions. The solution helps companies in metal processing to implement officially regulated business processes, as well as to make production and supply change management processes more efficient and flexible.
The Benefits of SAP Business One for Metal Processing:
- Supports official ISO standards through
- Quality assurance along the supply chain
- Comprehensive documentation (version, revision, drawing, batch and serial numbers)
- Flexible production of variants and alternatives to articles, bills of materials or work schedules for different processes, including prototyping, zero series and series production
- APS for group, individual and alternative resources (machinery, tools, personnel) in order to increase capacity and productivity
- Easy integration of subsystems like CAD/PLM, machinery (PLC), pattern optimization, etc.
Implementation & Support
As an end-to-end solution provider Culex can manage everything required for SAP Business One for Metal Processing. Call us on 08000 199 420 to discuss your requirements.