Optimizing Plastics Processing with Transparent, Flexible ERP Systems
Plastics are used in a great many industries, and plastics manufacturers must take into account regulatory standards for those industries, including ISO or GMP guidelines. In waste management, too, the industry must develop forward-looking regulations and processes. In order to adjust rapidly to new market developments, companies in the plastics processing industry need flexible ERP systems that shape production processes and supply chain management (SCM) more efficiently, support existing laws and standards, and allow the rapid integration of new trends.
Products from Plastics Processing with Positive Effects on Other Industries
The increased use of plastics in other industries means that the plastics industry functions as a multiplier. A study shows that capital growth of 10% in EU plastics production means 4.4% growth in all other European manufacturing industries. New developments like 3D printing, bioplastics or lightweight production in the automotive industry are also intended to save valuable resources. Production procedures, logistics processes, supply chain management and ERP systems must be flexible enough to rapidly optimize production and other business processes, as well as supply chains.
Improving Production Processes and SCM with SAP Business One for Plastics Processing
Based on SAP Business One, the solution supports companies in the plastics processing industry with industry-specific functions.
The Benefits of SAP Business One for Plastics Processing:
- Production orders support integrated production, as well as tool production and/or maintenance
- Comprehensive documentation of tools with capacity (cavity, cycle time, services rendered) and costs for planning, calculation, performance recording and maintenance
- APS (Advanced Planning and Scheduling) for group, individual and alternative resources (machinery, tools, personnel), in order to optimize capacity and productivity
- Co-products per cycle, spoilage, waste
- Easy integration of subsystems like CAD/PLM, PLC, etc.
Implementation & Support
As an end-to-end solution provider Culex can manage everything required for SAP Business One for Plastics Processing. Call us on 08000 199 420 to discuss your requirements.