1. A successful and sustainable SME has a great foundation to support it. Without customers, you would have no business to run in the first place. To retain customers you need to keep them happy and let them know that whatever happens, you have it covered. This can only happen if you have the foundations of the business built on the best IT system you can.
2. Integrate, integrate, and integrate. When manufacturing a product you need all the components lined up or the item simply won’t work. It’s the same with your software systems – you need all the tools required in the same place, at the same time. When that happens, everything falls into place – your business has all the information it needs to run every day, plus it gives you the key data you need to make decisions about the future.
3. Enable your workforce with a mobile IT system – no matter what industry you are in, you need to keep pace with technology and if you don’t, your competitors will reap the rewards instead of you. Using mobiles and tablets, your sales reps can access stock data so they don’t promise stock that is unavailable. Your employees can work flexibly without time and location constraints, resulting in more sales and motivated staff. You can access key data and reports anywhere at any time, meaning you don’t need to make decisions on the fly – you can see exactly what the business is doing, at any one time.
4. Make sure your IT solution is scalable. You started off small and now look where you are, likelihood is you will be growing again and you will need IT that allows for that change, without costing the earth or requiring a great deal more IT investment.
5. Get an IT solution that allows you to measure and manage easily and instantly, so you can gain insights into what is working and what isn’t. Once you have that in place, make sure everyone else can access it too. What’s the use of data when it is scattered across your business in various locations and states of cleanliness? By integrating all your systems into a single solution like SAP Business One, everyone, regardless of role or department, can centrally access the same data.
Culex is an accredited SAP Partner, specialising in the implementation, support and development of SAP Business One since 2003. Our extensive business experience and software knowledge enables us to consistently deliver a service of the highest quality, which in turn enables our clients to maximise their return from their software investment. For further information about Culex Ltd, call 08000 199 420 or visit www.culex.co.uk/